I am the sort of person who enjoys colouring within the lines. I try to keep colours realistic… until I get bored, and then a tree will become blue and the sun will turn red. I use both colouring pencils and pens, but I find pens much more satisfying – I love bursts of colour! I remember when I first heard about colouring books for adults. I was in a publishing meeting with an online bookshop and my manager was discussing which of our books would be suitable for their customers, and the book buyer mentioned that adult colouring books were doing particularly well. I’d never heard of such a thing, but I looked them up as soon as I got home…
Moving on a couple of years, I was excited when Orion Books got in touch to offer me three of their upcoming colour books for adults: Colour Me Mindful: Birds, Tropical & Underwater created by illustrator Anastasia Catris, publishing on 30th July. Armed with plenty of stationery and Netflix, I got to work…
Many adult colouring books only offer flowers and/or patterns to colour in – although this is changing! – and that gets a little boring after a while, but the Colour Me Mindful books provide an abundance of birds, sea life, plants and animals to get creative with.
They’re a lovely addition to my (small) collection of colouring books. And I don’t just stick to colouring books aimed at adults! Did you say ‘stickers’?
I have zero artistic talent. I cannot draw. I cannot create digital art, paint or doodle (although I recently bought a sketchbook to try to rectify that, inspired by new Children’s Laureate Chris Riddell), so colouring (and my camera) is the next best thing – for now!
Win a set of Colour Me Mindful books!
Orion Books has kindly offered to give one set of Colour Me Mindful books to one lucky Pretty Books follower!
How to Enter
- Let me know in the comments which Colour Me Mindful book – Birds, Tropical or Underwater – you’re most excited about getting stuck into (although you’ll receive all three!)
- Open to UK & Ireland residents only
- Giveaway starts Thursday 16th July at 9am BST (now!)
- Giveaway ends Saturday 25th July at 8pm BST
- One winner will be picked at random to win a set of three Colour Me Mindful books: Birds, Tropical & Underwater
- Make sure there’s a way for me to contact you (via Twitter, your blog/Tumblr, via email, etc!)